My name is Kim Morrell. I am a family man, married with two children, own a small business and live in Seabrook, Texas. I was a two-term city councilman and Mayor Pro-Tem from 2006-2012. In 2006 I ran as a pro-business and economic development, fiscal conservative candidate and was unopposed for my second term in 2009. I served as Mayor Pro-Tem during hurricane Ike and helped secure $8 million in grants to rebuild our city and business tax base. During my tenure, property values increased, new roads were built, infrastructure issues were addressed, permitting became more business friendly, economic opportunities and no-interest impact fee loans remain commonplace, and property values and sales tax revenues are at an all-time high. The city has substantial reserves, an AAA bond rating and there were no tax increases during my time in office.
I am Accepting The Challenge to run for United States Congress, District #36 which encompasses Harris, Chambers, Orange, Liberty, Polk, Hardin, Tyler, Jasper and Newton counties. This district is a mix of business professionals and blue collar workers. The area supports NASA, corporate and small business, as well as labor and industry. I am running as a Hands-On Conservative, Made in America candidate.
- Personal Freedom,
- Job Fulfillment and Education
- Deficit Reduction and Balancing the Budget
- The right to choose our own healthcare
- The right to choose where our children go to school
- The right to choose how our personal lives and property are monitored
- The freedom to exercise our Christian family values
- Increase the monitoring of our borders and our border security
- Document all current immigrants and deport those who are undocumented
- Reclaim our status as the world's military superpower
- More states' rights, less federal interference
Education and Job Fulfillment
- Graduate more high school students with technical or vocational associates'
- degrees and place directly into the workforce
- Secure funding for state controlled college campus expansions
- Form coalitions with educators and the private sector to qualify students and
- direct them toward jobs best suited to their abilities
Debt Reduction and Balancing the Budget
- Stop spending money to rebuild other countries and concentrate on the United States.
- Stop lending money to countries that can't take care of themselves.
- Create more jobs in America and quit sending industry overseas.
- Cut spending on federally sponsored programs such as welfare, free healthcare and food
- Do not extend unemployment benefits past the normal cycle.
- Eliminate unneeded departments within the federal government.
I am a Pro Life, Second Amendment, Christian Family Candidate. I also support the building of the Keystone pipeline, easing EPA regulations, states' rights, documenting all illegal immigrants, using the National Guard and Drones to patrol our borders, and using practical politics in Washington.ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE AND VOTE!